Re: Anyone use EBAY?

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 12:43:33 EST

EBay is great!! Heres the 2 rules that make it easy...

1. Watch feedback; You are buying from someone you don't know and can't
see so you HAVE to rely on the experience of others. I personally won't
buy from anybody with less then 15 positives with no negatives. Occasional
negatives can be overlooked if the positives outway it by a huge margin (
70:1 )

2. Email before bidding; If you have any questions or doubts email them
before bidding. Trying to change anything (shipping methods, price) AFTER
the auction is closed is BIG trouble. Also, the quickness of tier response
to your email question can indicate what type of speed to expect after the
auction.

Good luck
mm

At 11:57 AM 3/31/99 EST, you wrote:
>Curious if anyone has bought anything through EBAY? I am in the market for
a 4
>channel amp(50x4) and a wiring kit. I was searching through EBAY and
>discovered that I can get the amp and the wiring kit for about $225 compared
>to $425 through a store. All I have to do is register as a user with EBAY
>right?? Any input/advice?
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

                Michael Meyerhoff