Re: (no subject)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 13:30:14 EST

Here we go....

>If the prices are about the same, why is the turbo the "poor man's" blower?

I've never seen so many "Forced Induction" problems as with a Turbo during
my Automotive days. Broken impellers, burnt-up bearings, blown head
gaskets, cracked pistons, etc. I should rephrase 'Poor man" to what the
end result would be. With the Paxton's (and Vortech), never once did I see
anything like that happen...ok...two Vortechs threw up in the oil pan and
destroyed an engine...but that happens occasionally.

Last time I checked, the original Paxton with the 7psi pulley was still
running strong and has only had the fluid changed...nothing else. (We had
installed it back in 1992 on a '89 5.0L Mustang...haven't seen any turbos
yet that lasted 7 years without a single problem.)

>>We were talking about everyday use...
>
>For every day use like passing or climbing hills, once you get used to the
>characteristics of the turbo, there is very little difference in performance.

Very True...

>>>No, but your time slips will. Autos rule :-)
>>
>>Depends on the driver and their experience level.
>
>Oh no, I'm not going there :-)

I'm not going any farther than that either... :)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC (V6)