Re: (no subject)

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 14:04:42 EST

In a message dated 3/31/99 1:52:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> Last time I checked, the original Paxton with the 7psi pulley was still
> running strong and has only had the fluid changed...nothing else. (We had
> installed it back in 1992 on a '89 5.0L Mustang...haven't seen any turbos
> yet that lasted 7 years without a single problem.)

I sold my 87 Turbo Buick with 98,000 miles 3 months ago. It had run a best of
11.82@114 MPH with its stock turbo. I had at times run as high as 27 pounds of
boost with it. I believe the reason you may have seen so many problems is that
many more vehicles had come from the factories with turbochargers rather than
superchargers. It is also much easier and available to increase the amount of
boost from a turbo than a supercharger, hence more problems from uninformed
turbo users/abusers. I have also seen many other high mileage Turbo Regals run
very strong with their stock turbos. The trick is balancing that extra air
with fuel and doing so without rushing blindly in to it.

        My point is that both superchargers and turbos can work very well in the
hands of a knowledgeable user. My .02

Charles smith
1999 Dakota R/T RC
15.0@95 mph (g-tech)