Re: RE: E-way R/T spank

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 16:24:51 EST

> I love my RT, but of the several RT owners I
> know personally, all admit quite readily that a 5 speed
> 318 (especially the pre97 lighter versions) will kick
> our ass without some type of mods on our truck. I
> mean the RTs are heavier and don't have very much more
> horsepower plus we have the auto trans that eats up
> most of the difference. I bought the RT for the whole
> package, looks, engine, speed, and HANDLING. Just
> wanted to let people know that just because some of us
> have RTs, it doesn't mean we think we have some type of
> supertruck.
----------------------------

I think
99 % of all DML'ers with 318 5 speeds wanted to join the
R/T class, but just could not part w/the 5 speed tranny.
I know I'm one of them. You put a 5 speed in an R/T and
you'll have one of (or) the FINEST sport truck ever made,
thats "my opinion" and its not up for discussion. If we
could all test drive one (w/5spd) I'm sure there would be
an increase in the number of manual members on the DML. I
know others need the auto and I understand that, Just give
us that option d%#@*!! I know...."The voice of one crying
in the wilderness".

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd