Re: Re: RE: E-way R/T spank

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 19:37:24 EST

GSWillhite wrote:

> I think 99 % of all DML'ers with 318 5 speeds wanted to join the
> R/T class, but just could not part w/the 5 speed tranny.
> I know I'm one of them. You put a 5 speed in an R/T and
> you'll have one of (or) the FINEST sport truck ever made,
> thats "my opinion" and its not up for discussion. If we
> could all test drive one (w/5spd) I'm sure there would be
> an increase in the number of manual members on the DML. I
> know others need the auto and I understand that, Just give
> us that option d%#@*!! I know...."The voice of one crying
> in the wilderness".
>
> GS -
>
> 98 5.2L 5spd

 I agree I would have much more preferred a 5 speed in my R/T. One of
my inside contacts at CTC (Chrysler Tech Center). Told me a 5 speed is
not a possibility for the R/T for another 3 years. Since this may be the
last year for the 360 in a Dakota I thought I would much rather have the
classic LA motor in my R/T than some small piston dual overhead cam
engine.

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 Blk R/T CC