Where's my woofer????

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 16:13:26 EST

OK, quick question for everyone since I know there's quite a variety of
people on the DML. I'm looking to add 2 10" subwoofer and an amp to my
existing "stock" infinity system. I want some good sounding bass but not
sure what to go with. My goal is to only spend $400, and still get some
name brand and quality. So far I've come up with 2 JBL 10" and a Kenwood
827 amp(150x2@2ohms) for around $300 and still have to buy a box or two.
Who out there has already put some good priced systems in their vehicles?
What's the difference between 2 ohms and 4 ohms....why more power from 2
ohms...sorry guys.......I'm no electrician. I'd like to be pushing atleast
100-150+ amps to each woofer. Any ideas welcome on amps, woofers, boxes,
and setups! Thanks for any info.

James Densteadt
1998 Dakota R/T CC