Dealer trying to bend me over. . .(LONG)

From: SmokinDakota (smokindakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 00:14:45 EST

First the Bad News:
Does everyone remember how I striped my screw to adjust my driver headlight.
Well, today the dak was at the dealer to get fixed, after they sent a
postcard to tell me my part was in. What ever happened to the good old phone
call? Well, after leaving it there the whole day I come back and they
haven't installed it yet. They are just about to when my "service advisor"
comes to tell me it isn't warrantable. I understand, since I performed the
damage. But he goes on to tell me its going to cost $400+. I don't think so.
He goes to show me the part they ordered and its a whole new headlight
assembly, including headlight and amber corner signal. I went on to say I
don't need all of, especially since I replaced the corners for clear ones.
He goes on to say well thats the only way we can fix it. Needless to say, I
would rather be blinding oncoming drivers than paying $400 for a damn screw.
So I need your guys help? What should I do? How can I get that screw
removed? Anyone have an extra headlight assembly they wanna get rid of for a
97+ Dak?

The Good News:
1. Leak under passenger side floormat, caused by faulty grommet near cowl.
Replace entire carpet :) with new carpet.
2. Chipping paint on front bumper, going to be painted. Still need to talk
to body shop about an appointment and color.
3. While taking my girlfriend home this evening, I spot an Intense Blue R/T.
At least I think it was, he had no decals. He rolled down the window and
complimented me on my truck, his exact words were "nice little truck". Of
course, I complimented him back, But didn't get a chance to tell him about
the show. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be seeing him around.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL Instant Message = SmknDakTrk