Re: Questions from a new Dak owner...

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 18:15:34 EST

In a message dated 4/2/99 5:30:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, rhyder@email.com
writes:

<< My dak seems to have a very rough idle (sorry I can't explain it any
 further.) My mechanic was looking it at it, and according to him, "something
 doesn't sound right." He'll be putting it up on the lift next week, and
maybe
 he'll be able to narrow it down. >>
Eric,
  The tranny thing is weird, I know the dealer sucks, but shouldnt you take
it there since its still under warrenty? My 5 spd doesnt pop out of gear
except when my clutch was about to go. I just had my tranny rebuilt and it
did that when the clutch was very warn and the gear synchros were bad. I
also replaced the 3-4 fork. Mind you that was on the second clutch and about
120000 miles so dont freak out by my post! Ive beat my dak for a long time
before that has happened!
Eric 95 5spd 5.9 4.10sg