RE: Check Engine Light AGAIN!

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 19:50:19 EST

Ben,
I would pull the battery cables and clean them and the posts very well. You
may have a cable that is loose or there may be some corrosion that is
causing a poor battery connection. You may also want to do the same for the
ground cable where it terminates away from the battery and also do it for
your alternator. I have no idea where the computer gets the signal from, but
those connections are very critical. (Yeah, like there are non critical
connections in a vehicle :) )
BTW, I have had plenty of problems with my Dak, but thankfully nothing
electrical.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, DDBC

<snip>
For the second time since I've had the truck, my check engine light came on
tonight and it displayed the code 12, which is the same code it displayed
last time (Battery has been disconnected in the last 50 keystrokes) Now I
don't know why it did this!! The battery hasn't been disconnected! Nor was
it disconnected last time!! So Dodge has a check engine light come on if
your battery is disconnected, yet when my IAS motor blew, I had no prior
indication?!?! Seems stupid to me!! ARGH!!!! Anybody else have this problem
on their 97+?
<unsnip>