Re: Ceramic coating on the Leach headers?

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 11:21:46 EDT

I had mine coated and there is no problem with the Ceramic coating adhering
to the Nickel. My headers have been on there now since 1-1-99 and all the
coating is still right where it is supposed to be.

As far as not doing the Y-pipe. Why not? It's going to do the same thing as
it would on your headers which is to keep the heat inside the pipe instead
of outside the pipe. It should also help with rust prevention. All good in
my book. I don't know how much it would cost to just coat the headers and
not the Y-pipe. Again, why would you want to go that route? I went with
black because I was concerned that the silver would discolor after several
years. And the likely hood of an accidental oil splatter on the hot header
also raised the chance of a stain. There are several folks that have silver
coating on their headers of various manufacture. I'm sure they would all
tell you that to date, they still look the same.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, DDBC

<snip>
Has anyone had the ceramic coating done on their leach headers? If so how
has the coating held up? How much was it for just the headers (Not the
y-pipe) Has it discolored at all if you got it done in silver?
<unsnip>