97 had different bed size?

From: Michael Stepka (mstepka@genesisdj.com)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 11:48:10 EDT

Hello...I was gonna buy a bedliner today for my 98 CC 4x4 Sport, and I went
to a local truck cap place the other day that had the lowest price and an
older guy went and told me he had it in stock. It was for a 97.. So
since I figured it was in stock I made an appointment today to go down and
put it in. I went down to the place and the guy tells me who installs it
that the 97 one won't fit in my truck, because in 97 the truck bed was
different, and that the 98+ trucks have a wider opening at the tailgate, and
a different tailgate? So I have to go somewhere else now...but that was
all wierd to me. Does anyone know what was different from the 97 beds to
the 98+ beds?

Thanks..

Michael Stepka
98 Sport CC 4x4 V6