RE: Re: S-bolt vs. stock bracket

From: Collins, Richard (collinsr@ccmangum.com)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 14:29:39 EDT

> I don't know if the S-bolt would be enough to register on a
> butt dyno, or
> even a real dyno, but just by looking at it you can tell it
> disturbs airflow
> into the TB. S-bolts are easy to build with only one
> documented casualty to date. And the stock bracket is... well it's stock!
When

Yeah, but if I remember right that was one heck of a casualty! I don't
remember who it was, but I remember cringing from that poor guys experience
with his torn up motor. His account is what kept me from making one. I
stuck with the stock bracket too despite its downsides. I still contemplate
changing it from time to time, but then I cringe again..

Richard Collins
98 CC 2WD 5.2