Re: Dynomax<>Flowmaster-experience with both

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 00:21:39 EDT

I'd like to add to this conversation that i dispite the flowmaster 2-chamber.
 i'm a fool to have my dynomax racemagnum muffler cut off and replaced for a
2-chamber flowmaster. I don't know how the heck my cousin talked me into it?
 i just wanted a new y-pipe and he sold me a new muffler. but anyways. i
feel launch has decreased and i could do better with my racemagnum. it also
has punch on the upper RPMS, which i'd rather prefer. On the 2-chamber
flowmaster, it has an annoying ring under or about 1700 rpm. then gets real
quiet during high rpms? i don't know about you guys, but i liked how the
racemagnum was..
-Dester243@aol.com
<<
 I believe the Ultra flow is probably one of the best flowing performance
 mufflers available. I don't know what is inside the Gibson, but the ultra
flow
 is straight through design. I don't understand why anyone uses a flowmaster
 for a performance muffler when it has baffles which have to create
backpressure
 and lower exhaust efficiency resulting in less horsepower.
 I don't think less power is what any of us want! I plan to get the 3"in dual
 2.5" out for my R/T with dual tailpipes. I already have the Mopar headers
so I
 believe that will be the best improvement I can buy.
 Jim in Waco
 99 R/T RC "Dakshak" >>