Re: 17 inch wheels (Pre '97)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 14:33:55 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/99 1:57:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, magnumv8@wt.net
writes:

<< Well, my school where I work has seen fit to bust me back down to "student
worker".
  Pay is the same but one quirk is I will get back the retirement they have
been
 holding back for the last year, $300.00 Not much, but with some more I've
been
 saving I'm planning on finally getting some new wheels put on the Dak. Which
 leads me to my plea for information...

 I would like to put on some 17" wheels. I'm not sure if this is doable
because
 of price. I can't spend over $200 each. Is is possible to get a decent 17"
 for this price?

 I like the centerline wheels, and it seems they have plenty in the goofball
 6 on 4.5 bolt circle. What should the backspacing be?

 I would utimately like to have 255/55 R17 tires (gee I wonder what other
truck
 wears that size?) Has anyone put anything close to this on a pre '97 Dak?
Trottmann
 I know you had done plenty of research in this area, did you ever get a page
 put together?

 Any help that anyone can offer me would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a custom
 wheel virgin so to speak....

On my truck I have the following setup:

Front: 17x8" Boyd Gotcha II, 245/45/hr17
Rear 17x9.5" Boys Gotcha II, 275/40/hr17

Not sure about the backspacing but the rear is deeper dish than the front. I
want to get larger ones (like 19's) but we all know how that goes....rich on
thoughts and broke in the wallet!! Seventeens are the way to go, I wouldn't
consider any smaller for performance or for sporty looks.

You can check out my trucks' stance at
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck</A>

As for prices good luck finding anything under 200, it's hard enough finding
decent ones under 300, then of course prepare to pay 150 bucks a tire as
well!! Looks ain't cheap!!

-Austin
Vipertruck