Re: Jet stage 2 firms up the tranny? and shift kit ?

From: Yellow RT (yellowrt@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 18:29:05 EDT

Okay, I just talked to the guys at jet. I am getting a Stage II Jet Chip
P/N 99923S with a thermostat P/N 10170. He said that it will firm up the
shift by increasing line pressure. I told him that I heard that you will
not obtain as hard of shifts without going with a shift kit, he said that
you should wait and see what it will do with the Jet Chip, he seems to think
it will be a sufficient kick in the pants. I will have my chip by Friday, I
also ordered a MSD 6A controller and a SS Coil. The guys at MSD suggested
the SS coil over the blaster 2 or 3 coils, but said that the Blaster coils
will work fine. I am also getting a set of Yellow Taylor 8mm wires. Oh
yeah the guy at Jet said you will get 19-21 rear wheel horse from the chip.
I hope this helps. Oh yeah, again, the Jet chip will cost me $205.

Chris Tesinsky
'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC