Re: strange noise

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 17:22:00 EDT

Aaron, you might want to check your tailgate where it latches shut on both
sides. My '93 just developed a noise that sounds VERY similar to what you
described. A "chirping". Mine is where the tailgate latches shut.
Apparently my lithium grease has worn off and these parts are dry. I only
hear it at low speeds. Drove me nuts for a few days... Try driving with
your tailgate down. If it stops then you have found your problem and a
quick shot of lithium grease will cure it. If you still hear it, then it's
something else. Good luck,

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page