Re: The Viper Torque Converter

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 21:00:47 EDT

In a message dated 4/7/99 5:24:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, magnumv8@wt.net
writes:

<< Yeah I figured they would be expensive. I think that Internet Racer Suply
 may have them a little cheaper. That's where my f-body friend is getting
 his from. I don't really know how well these units will perform in the
 Dakota's but the f-body crowd swears by them, even at $750.00 ....... >>

I'm not sure what the f-body is but Sean Melldrum said these are the hot
number in the Mustangs and he has seen the 1/2 second improvement with them.
I sent a e-mail with several questions I'll share the reply if I get one. One
concern is it is a 9.5 inch TC with a adapter plate, I doubt it will have the
lockup ? I read a article where with OD tranny's you turn such low rpm's at
cruise that with out lockup you would be slipping the TC excessively. I know
I run about 2300 at 70 and if the stall is 2800 your way under and would
probably get slippage ???? The other thought I had was how will the rest of
the driveline hold up un this extra torque and abuse ? Would I be better to
settle for a .3 at 1/2 the price and keep the rest of the drivetrain together
???? Decisions decisions :-)

Bill