Re: MP Cast Air Filter install

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 22:02:34 EDT

David Henry wrote:

> Do you have pics anywhere? I'd like to see where you routed the PVC hose
> to. That's one of the details I haven't worked out yet. Need to do a
> bucketload of other stuff before this though. After the body lift, I
> shouldn't have any hood clearance hassles.
>
> David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI

Plan on taking some this weekend. I can put them up on my webpage next week. I
drilled some holes to make the fitting work that I got from the cheap air
cleaner. ( no-name from local parts store ). I drilled them tward the back of
the air cleaner. Since the fitting was for 1/2" hose I got a couple inches for
1/2" heater hose, got a 1/2 to 3/8 heater hose fitting from Autozone and just
plugged the stock pcv hose into it. since it is in the back you can't even see
it. You could just put a breather on the other side than run you pcv to the
manifold. I opted to try to make it look like the air cleaner and matching
valve covers came like that from the factory. I don't know why DC didn't
dress up the R/T's engine compartment a little bit.

P.S. Hey David were you ever a CE for HP?

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 Blk R/T cc