I made it to Milan Dragway Wed.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 23:21:43 EDT

On April 8, flyboy01@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>...One reason that might have kept my times back was the fact
>that I ran my tires down to 20 lbs after the first 3 runs after
>some urging from by buddy, my 60 ft times increased from 2.1
>to 2.3 range after that. I did notice after the burnout that
>only the edges of the tires were making good contact...

Thanks for the informative report and congrats on your time.

I recently read an article on 1/4 mi. racing on street radials.
The article said that street radial tires be runned at
recommended factory tire pressure. Street radials, by their
construction, are apparently very susceptible to cupping at
lower air pressures.

It gives suggestions on how to tell if your tires are cupping.
As a matter of fact, it says that, if anything, the air
pressure should be raised 5-10 lbs.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto.