Re: Hose lifespan

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 01:57:00 EDT

<< About how long do radiator hoses and other stuff like that last? >>

Since I rely on my Dakota alot during hunting season, and just about every
day in fact, I do not want a bad hose to spoil my weekend of fun in the
woods, as a leaking/torn hose would definately do. I usually change my upper
and lower radiator hose every other cooling system flush, or I will change it
every one, depending on the condition of the hose. I have only replaced the
upper once, but I have changed the lower twice, just since it's alot lower to
the ground where rocks, mud, and road salt can easily chew the hose up. Also,
and this might be overkill, but for an extra $2, instead of having 1 hose
clamp at each end of the hose, I have 2 on each end, once again, just for a
paece of mind. Nature isn't kind, and I will do any type of preventative
maintenace I can do to ensure my Dak doesn't break down. I mean for $20 I can
change both upper & lower hoses, to me, that's cheap insurance.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 103,000 miles