Re: Hose lifespan

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 09:59:38 EDT

ok.... IF you had to ask, that means you didn't..... he he he...

The by-pass hose is the short hose running from the water pump
to the intake manifold (or block... can't remember).... That hose is
the one that will go out on you first in most cases. That hose is only
6-8" long at most, but requires the removal of the alt, the ac compressor,
bracket assembly, and lifting all of the lines out of the way. I had it go
out right around 91k on my '91 LE Dakota. I traded the truck in on my
'95 SLT before it was changed....it was that bad.

If you change your hoses, you MUST change that little turd because if you
have that thing swell/split on you (especially far from home, where it
always
happens), you are screwed.

Sam '99 RT x 2