Brake Caliper?

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 00:11:34 EDT

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 00:06:10 EDT
From: BlakDak97@aol.com
Subject: DML: Brake Caliper? (sorry,long post)

In the olden days (70's), Dodge started putting plastic pistons in their
front brake calipers and they would bind and stick on. If this is the case,
it should be a warranty repair...it was a part failure, not normal brake wear.

I had exactly the same problem with my 1978 1/2 ton. Mine heated up so bad
that the grease melted in the front hub...solution, rebuilt front brake
calipers, turn disks and repack front wheel bearings. I'd get another
opinion on the disk....see whether it is really wrecked.

Yesterday my right front brake caliper started to hang up causing the truck
to pull to the right a bit.

<snip>

Mike R.
'97 CC Sport 4X4 V8