Re: Re: BOB! was:Tire Pressure Was: I made it to Milan

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 00:24:51 EDT

On April 10, Mark K. wrote:
>WOW! Big difference! .5 sec and 5 mph are worth it!

WOW ... that's what I thought when the time and speed flashed
up.

I had been running the MP SBEC for about 2 months on the
streets and noticed the improved throttle response and
the performance gain. My guess was that it would give a
.2 to .4 gain in the 1/4.

Actually, if my son's reaction time on this run had equalled
his best, it would have gone 15.9_ ; possibly 15.8_. He
was worried about traction so he launched just above idle,
did the one-two shift manually by ear and let it shift
the rest of the way automatically because he was afraid that
he might hurt something. Also, after a 2 hour lineup wait,
he forgot to take the overdrive off.

We both felt pretty good after this. Two R/Ts ran ...
one did 16.8_ and the other did 15.7_. Naturally,
Jon had the best Dakota time and speed.

We're going to hook up the tach from my '78 B100 340
and run with the BFG drag radials next.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto.