Re: How to change front shock

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 00:05:48 EDT

Tony, I had the same problem on mine about a year or so ago. My solution
was to drive to a automotive repair shop and pay 8 bucks each and they put
them on. The way they did it was with an air wrench. I guess the high
speed impact was enough to loosen the nut without turning the shafts. If
that option is not doable for you, you might try jacking the front end up,
taking the tire off, and using some vice grips on the shaft (it will be
fully extended).

Ya know, now that I think of this I'm wondering why I didn't try that!

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page
     http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221