RE: Front Axle

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 07:11:47 EDT

> Jason:
>
> On the later model Dak's, your front axles, diff, and drive shaft are
> turning all the time in 2wd.
> I'm sure limited slip would cause no end of problems.

Thanks Rob, that's what I thought. I dimly remember someone once posting
that it would be fine, go for it. I kinda think someone who talked to the
owner of, say, an old CJ7 that had one and figured it was okay.

Hmmm.. I guess if we could switch over to manual locking hubs we could
probably get away with it. Something tells me that's not possible either.
Oh, well. Hey Walt Felix! If you're reading this, how are plans for your
front axle swap coming along?

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@home.com Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto