NASCAR style rims for Dakota

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 14:02:21 EDT

For those that like the NASCAR style rims, American Racing
has very recently put out 'steel' rims for the '97+ Dakotas.

When I went to get my rims and BFG drag radials last Friday,
I was told that the aluminum alloy rims that I had ordered did
not come in the Dakota bolt pattern, even though I heard
the owner of the tire store talk with the rim distributor
on the phone two days previously.

He and his son phoned all around but could not come up
with aluminum alloy rims for the Dakota. I had heard that
someone was coming out with black steel rims (15x8) and,
although each weigh about 3 lbs. more than the aluminums,
I had little choice but to get them.

I just picked them up with the tires and found that they are
by American Racing with a March 13, 1999 date on the boxes.
Not expensive either ($90 CDN each with center caps vs.
$170 CDN for aluminum alloys).

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto.