Re: Air Dam Replacement

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 18:45:38 EDT

<< Just bought a '95 CC, SLT, 318, auto, and really enjoy it! Been driving a
 '85 Nissan 2.5L for 14 years, and it sure feels good to have a V-8 under me
 again!!! The air dam is damaged, however, and I have the new one to
 replace it. Do I have to remove the bumper to do this? I don't see that I
 can reach all of the 11 bolts that holds the dam to the bumper without
 dropping the bumper! Please advise. I also replaced the "Check Engine"
 bulb, and it shows a 32 and 22 error code. The truck is running fine, and I
 will address the EGR stuff and the ETC sensor soon. anybody had this
problem?
         Thanks guys; see ya, Bill >>

I pulled fault code 32 on my 93 about 6 months ago. Turns out that the EGR
valve is monitored/controlled by the computer. The EGR valve has an
electrical connector hooked up into the valve. On mine, one of the
connector's 2 prongs was missing, and the other was severely corroded. These
valve are not cheap, and they also are a dealer only item! The new valve cost
me about $80, which included a new gasket.

As far as the air dam removal/replacement, I have taken mine on and off many
times. I take it off when I go fourwheelin, I got sick of it all together and
just leave it off all the time now. I did not have to take the bumper off and
you should not have to either. There are alot of screws holding that dam on,
I simply replaced all those screws and clips with bolts and nuts when I was
switching it back and forth all the time. Try using a very short stubby
screwdriver or a ratchet setup to get them off. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 103,300 miles