Re: Re: Re: Synthetic Oil?

From: HrtbeatZ28@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 23:23:41 EDT

Chevrolet does ship Corvette with Synthetic from the factory. It is supplied
by the contract at the time of build. Can be either Mobil 1 or Castrol
Syntec. This is also true for Z28's. The LT-1, LS-4 and the new LS-1 all were
or are shipped with synthetic. As for frequency of oil & filter change, I
change it as if it were regular oil.
Oil & filter at 3000 mi. or 3 months whichever comes first. Put it in my R/T
at 2200 mi. and now has 7400 mi. on it. I have used Mobil 1 & Mobil 1 filters
exclusively on both my vehicles; a 1993 Z28 & now my R/T. As for break-in,
all the truck motors are supposed to be pre-run. I have not been able to
confirm this however. So I took it easy the first 2500 then normal from there
on.