Front axle limited slip (was Swiftrapids 4x4 ride)

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 23:45:47 EDT

Last time I checked, no ARB for the front. Here's another thought (haven't
checked yet): what about the good old manual hubs for the front? You could
stuff a locker up front and just release the front hubs (and leave it in
2wd) for street, and only lock up the hubs for off-roading. I was thinking
that manual hubs would be good with a limited slip in front too. You might
be able to pick up better mileage on the road and you wouldn't have a tire
wear issue this way.

3.9x is the lowest I've found for the 7.25" front axle.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI

> Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 07:10:53 -0400
> From: Jason Bleazard <jbleazard@home.com>
> Subject: DML: Front axle limited slip (was Swiftrapids 4x4 ride)
>
> Everything that I've read indicates that trying to put a limited slip in
the
> front isn't a very good idea. Something to do with the fact that our
front
> axle doesn't fully disconnect when you go back in 2wd. I think one side
is
> still connected to the transfer case, just not the other side of the axle
(I
> could be wrong in this, hopefully someone will correct me if I am).
 Putting