Re: Front axle limited slip (was Swiftrapids 4x4 ride)

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 07:51:51 EDT

If this is possible for our front axle, I'd be very interested! If your
going to look into it, let us know what you find out.
Thanks.
Tom

Subject: DML: Front axle limited slip (was Swiftrapids 4x4 ride)
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 4/12/99 11:45 PM

Here's another thought (haven't checked yet): what about the good old
manual hubs for the front? You could stuff a locker up front and just
release the front hubs (and leave it in 2wd) for street, and only lock up
the hubs for off-roading. I was thinking that manual hubs would be good
with a limited slip in front too. You might be able to pick up better
mileage on the road and you wouldn't have a tire wear issue this way.

3.9x is the lowest I've found for the 7.25" front axle.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI