Re: Re: RE: Dak Damage!! Ford Expedition!

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 00:15:43 EDT

1) I doubt he was that close (it just seemed like it was close) - he was
probably more like 20 or 30 feet away - distances can be deceiving....

2) Sometimes you can't help but get caught in a situation like that.
Typical example is 2 or 3 lanes necking down into one lane - if you are in
heavy traffic, you cannot maintain a 2-3 second gap because someone WILL cut
you off. As often happens when traffic is necking down, you have people
rushing in to cut someone off, then they have to hit the brakes to keep from
hitting the car in front of them (traffic necking down is always slowing
up).

Lately, I've been in this situation a coupla times where the local freeway
is under construction - I've had a number of people cut me off then
immediately slam on the brakes. Haven't hit anyone yet, but I can tell you
that rear-wheel ABS on a '92 Dak does NOT work when the bed is empty - I
smoked my rear tires several times under max braking. Since then, I've
found an alternate route to work, takes an xtra 5 minutes, but no idiots
cutting me off......

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate