Re: RE: Dak Damage!! Ford Expedition!

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 23:46:14 EDT

So why were you so close?

Even if you maintained the 2-3 second gap they advertise nowadays, that's
132 - 198 feet. When I learned to drive it was a 3-4 second gap which
translates into 198 - 264 feet. I guess people must be better drivers
nowadays.

BTW, your 10 ft estimate translates into a .15second buffer zone. I don't
know many people that quick.

Notes: I don't follow my own advice much better than anyone else. Almost
all drivers follow way too close. That's generally why there are so many
accidents. If someone really does apply there brakes and stop quickly, the
person behind them will almost always hit them (It's just simple physics).

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI

> Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:38:17 -0500
> From: boydmcguire@mindspring.com
> Subject: DML: Re: RE: Dak Damage!! Ford Expedition!
>
> Yeah, I cant believe I have to pay for this. The lady in the expedition
> slammed her brakes b/c she saw a turtle in the road. We were going the
speed
> limit(45 mph) and I was a good 7 to 10 feet behind her..but I had a
delayed
> reaction..and I only hit her @ 13 or so mph. Only fender damage..but
STILL!