Re: Re: Traction

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 02:06:36 EDT

Ok let me take a crack at this one. Why would higher gears create less
spin? Well lets exagerate the situation. Lets put in some EXTREMELY high
gears, say 39.1's instead of 3.9's Now put it in gear and punch it. You
won't be able to get any rubber because you'll red line and only be going 1
or 2 miles per hour... See how it works? Now I'm not saying that 3.9's spin
less than 3.23's I'm sure there's a middle ground that would produce the
most traction loss. Go up or down from that and loosing traction will
become more difficult.

If any of that made sense let me know, I like surprises...

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page
     http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221