RE: Eclipse spank!

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northchurch.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 09:32:15 EDT

Peter:

My fiancee has a laser RS Turbo AWD (1st gen, dsm, 2.0 turbo, like the
eclipse)

If it didn't have a cracked manifold it would be a close race with my
v8. These things, with a few mod's, can turn hi to mid 12's. They really
scream! I'm kinda ashamed to say I'm on a DSM mailing list, but hopefully,
soon, I'll be getting rid of that two door hunk of cr*p and get some german
engineering for my fiancee. The earlier dsm have an xfer case problem -
they
leak - and end up causing the wheels to lock up! (Thank heaven for the
recall!).

anyhoo - congrat's on the spank but look out for the turbos!

-travis
Proud owner of a Sport+ CC 4x4 v8 '97
Not-so-proud owner of a '92 laser AWD Turbo