Re: No brake lights or intermittant wipers

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 09:45:44 EDT

My deepest simpathies, you are in a sticky situation. Get ready for the finger pointing. Your dealer will say it was caused by the alarm install and (I believe you said Circuit city) will say they didn't do it. I was in this situation once. I finally had forced the dealer to fix the problem. They in turn charged me something like $350. I got the last laugh though. I took the dealer and the alarm company to small claims court and let the judge fight it out. Needless to say I got a refund of the $350 (which they had to split) and the charge I had to pay for the alarm install in the first place. The judge said that the only party that wasn't responsible for my problem was me.
I hope for the best in your situation. Don't let them push you around. The best stratigy is to be calm and act "ignorant". Good luck.

Joe