Re: t-stats

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 18:48:49 EDT

The stat controls the flow of coolant through the return line into the
radiator. Therefore, the 180 simply opens sooner than the 195, allowing the
fluid to be cooled in the radiator. To put it another way, the stat. does not
directly control the fan, only coolant flow back into the radiator.

I do have a question about the stock fan on a 318, though. Mines always on
(which I assume is normal) and I further assume there is a "high gear" for the
fan at X temp. What is X?
Tom