Re: t-stats

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 14:55:49 EDT

The thermostat has no effect on the fan. The fan's "clutch" still engages at
same temp as before. Lower coolant temp tells the computer that the engine is
under less load so the computer dials in more timing. Most people use the 180
stat because the lower temp helps with pinging associated with chips or
computers that advance the timing in lieu of running 93+ octane fuel.
Dr. Pat