Re: t-stats

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 21:26:42 EDT

Ok, the only reason that it helps is when you up the timing, like with a
Jet II or MP computer, your engine is more likely to knock. Thats why you
put the 180 deg stat and 93 octane in it. On a stock truck, the 180 deg
stat probably wont do anything.

While on the subject of heat, my truck overheated a while back (due to
Perma Craps electric fan) and I noticed lower performance afterwards.
Well, I was thinking that the computer does have a heat sensor that
effects the timing advance according to Haynes, so I reset the computer
a couple of days later and wouldnt you know it, more power. It ran the
timing back up. Cool huh.

Bill
'97 SS/T