RE: where to get throttle bodies

From: Steve Wilson (swilson@assetworks.com)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 15:47:56 EDT

I am new to the list, so if this has been previously discussed please spare
me the flames.

Has anyone on the list done any research on adapting the Mopar throttle body
described below to their V8?

4 BARREL THROTTLE BODY - P4876375
     Installs on Magnum MPI intake manifold (P5249816)
     * Machined from billet aluminum
     * Includes production style sensors (Throttle position Sensor, MAP
Sensor, and
     Automatic Idle Speed motor included.

It appears that a lot of money can be spent on modifications to the stock TB
to get it to perform, seems like a replacement might be in order.

I have a '99 R/T CC, Black, no mods

Chris Tesinsky wrote:

Does any one know where to get throttle bodies for the RT's at a good =
price, the Dodge dealer wants $300 for a new unit. Once I find one it =
will under go a little boring out experience, I am shooting for a 55mm =
throttle body when I am done, but I am not going to take the chance with =
mine.