Neutral safety switch???

From: Jack Yates (yatesrt@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 00:15:21 EDT

When I left work tonight and tried to start my truck,
the sonnabitch wouldn't start. So I went through the
attempt to jump it, I checked the valet switch on the
alarm, the kill switch, then I pulled the fuses to
completely reset the alarm, that didn't do squat. So I
called my buddy/"mechanical advisor"/stereo/alarm
installer, and we went through a bunch of crap to get
it started, finally he told me to throw it in neutral
and try it, WHAMMO, it started. He told me that it was
the "neutral safety switch" (not sure on the
terminology) . And when I started it in neutral, that
should have kicked this switch back in place which it
seemed to, then I tried to start it in park, and it
did. Anyhoo, SHould I have this looked into at the
service department, or see if it happens again? he was
pretty sure that it won't happen again, but who knows.
I'm just damn glad I know how to get it started now,
cause damn I was REAL pissed ;-]

Later
Jack Yates
'99 Black CC R/T