RE: CB vs. Cell Phone

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 13:19:40 EDT

> CBs can be used to contact the police if necessary, depending on the
> circumstances. Don't know about where you live, but here in Texas
> the State
> Troopers usually monitor ch.9 (emergency) or ch.19. Their
> headquarters also
> monitor CB. You can also get ahold of another motorist or someone at home
> on a base unit to call the police for you.
>
> Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
> mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Think of it this way: everyone on the highway got along just fine for years
before cell phones were invented. Funny how people's idea of what's
"necessary" changes with the times. I had a co-worker try to convince me
that he had no choice but to buy a minivan because both of his kids each
require an entire bench seat while driving. My mom had a 2-door Mercury and
my brother and I were just fine in the back seat.

I say, if the only reason you have a cell phone is for emergencies, ditch
it. That, or cancel your service where you pay per month, keep the phone
and get it activated on a "pay in advance" type plan. I think those are
more per minute, but if you don't use them you don't have to pay the monthly
service fee.

Just a thought.

Jason Bleazard jbleazard@home.com Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto