Re: CB vs. Cell Phone

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 11:44:04 EDT

At 04:25 PM 4/16/99 , you wrote:
>I think I've narrowed the CB down to the remote mount unit from Cobra. As
>an added bonus it has 10 weather bands too. If I have this in the Dak, do
>I really need a cell phone too, or can I use the CB to get the cops if
>needed? I've had the phone for 3.5 years, and almost never use it.

CBs can be used to contact the police if necessary, depending on the
circumstances. Don't know about where you live, but here in Texas the State
Troopers usually monitor ch.9 (emergency) or ch.19. Their headquarters also
monitor CB. You can also get ahold of another motorist or someone at home
on a base unit to call the police for you.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Too bad the only people who know how to run
the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair.
--George Burns: