Re: Re: repainting my Dak

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Apr 18 1999 - 16:58:15 EDT

I think that estimate from the local guy is low.....My estimate was
$2,000...yep. $2,000....from the dealer......The expensive part of the job
is the stripping of the paint/primer down to metal....

A $300 paint job is gonna look like one......I priced the paint (I was
CONSIDERING doing it myself) and I was looking at at least $300 on
materials.......Figured I would pursue it.....

The paint job is the cheap(er) part.....

I would keep after Chrysler...Call the 800 number and tell them the local
dealer jerked you around.....Mention that you feel that this is a latent
defect and that you expect this to be repaired...Mention that you have
discussed the issue with your attorney and that he recommended you sue as
you have a definate manufacturer's latent defect issue here...

"The squeaky wheel...."

1992 Dodge Dakota V8 3.90's
1987 Honda Shadow VT1100C