Re: IAT sensor

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 15:26:31 EDT

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:01:29 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Jon Smith <jdsmith4@yahoo.com>
>Subject: DML: IAT sensor
>
>Got back from the dyno today, had an interesting
>proposal from the dynoman. Has anyone relocated their
>IAT sensor from the intake manifold to get a false
>(colder) air reading? I was witness to a 9 horse gain
>(rear wheels) from a Z-28 by placing in a resistor
>across the lead wires going to the IAT.
>
>I was thinking of moving the IAT to an area up near
>the radiator or perhaps the firewall...
>
>Any input???

  Hello DAKsters,

  Funny you mention this - I first did this (and posted results on DML)
about 6 mos ago, but everyone must have been asleep. I disconnected my
IAT and plugged in a 15k ohm resistor. According to the temp tables in
the FSM, this shows a constant ~ 50 degrees F at all times. Seemed to
help (especially on off-line accel). Best was disconnecting both IAT &
coolant temp sensor (MIL light for sure!) but talk about fry the skins!

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--
'96 Black Impala SS