Re: 4/6 drop(Rick)install part 1

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 20:30:25 EDT

Rick Holzapfel wrote:

> Bob,
> I think pretty much the only way to go when lowering the rear is with a
> notch, after measuring everything it look slike one should be used even a 4"
> kit. I'll definately get some pictures up when its done
> Looking forward to the rivets,
> Rick
> 98 Black RC
>
> Bob Nichols wrote
>
> > Hey Rick, Nice time getting the front done. Are you doing the c-notch in the
> > rear?
> > When you do the rear rivits, drill em up to about 3/8, about 1/4" deep then
> > wack em off with a chisel. An air chisel is a big help. Send pictures when
> > your done.
> > Good Luck, Bob
> > --

Hey Rick, Were on the same page there, anything over 3" needs a notch. I definitly

need one. If I do it, maybe I'll go the extra inch also. BTW, Its gona corner
nice! See ya, Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters Burgandy