Re: Thrush Mufflers...

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 08:52:45 EDT

OK, now that my question has NOT been answered, I'll ask it again. Why would
a glass pack cost you performance and mileage? That was the original
statement and there were no qualifiers that stated that this was in regards
to a Turbo type muffler. A glass pack is just like a Gibson, Magnaflow or
Mopar (Leach) muffler. It has a perforated pipe going straight through the
muffler and the sound is absorbed by the material surrounding the perforated
pipe. In this case it is fiberglass, in the others it is more akin to steel
wool. What makes the Turbo type muffler so superior to a glass pack? How are
they different? Could it be that all those articles and performance books
all came out the back door of the factory that makes turbo mufflers?

John (still confused)
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, DDBC