Re: Teen drag racing !!! (yes, for me)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 01:16:37 EDT

At 12:44 AM 5/1/99 , you wrote:
>In a message dated 4/30/99 10:39:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
>stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:
>
><< Is this competition straight-up racing, or bracket racing? If its
> brackets, the speed doesn't really matter; you just need to be consistent.
> >>

>I'm not sure. they said there'll be a motorcycle, car, and truck bracket. i

  Hmmm, they may have meant bracket racing or they may have been using the
word bracket as a synonym for "class" or "division"... If you know the
track its being held at, you can probably look up the number, call someone
there, and find out.

>might be a winna in the truck section, it'd be sad if i whooped a motorcycle
>tho...

  :-) Yep, you'll probably be required to run in the truck class.

>-Dester
>PS. my truck CAN'T lose traction. unless the wheels or off the pavement or
>there's some kinda sand or dirt that helps it lose traction

   Hmmm... Sounds like you need more power! (arrh arrh arrh!) ;-)
Actually, in drag racing, you might have a traction problem off the line
due to the people who don't know any better that drive through the water
pit with their street tires. They'll drag the water up onto the track...
I find its much easier to spin the tires on the track than it is on the
street.

  Have fun!! Watch out for that drag racing bug though... When that lil'
bugger takes hold, its not a pretty sight!! ;-)

                                               -Jon-