Re: launch techniques?

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 17:09:35 EDT

First, don't wait for the green. If you wait til you see the green light, and
then floor it, you're looking at a 1.0 RT, where .500 is perfect. Launch off the
last yellow. You'll just have to find out how much traction you can get. I push
it about 75% down off the yellow, then floor it when it grips. You might be able
to put on the brake, run the RPM's up to 1500 or so, and launch from there. If I
did that (modified V8) I'd be spinning 'til the cows came home. W/ a V6, I'd
practise w/ launching from idle after your first run.
Good luck

--
95 318 2WD Sport
Davidson, NC