Re: Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR-4 SPANK.

From: ZXiMan@aol.com
Date: Sun May 02 1999 - 17:14:58 EDT

      Being the owner of a '99 C5 Coupe and having a friend that owns a '97
VR4 (320hp version), I can tell you that my buddy can eat me up outta the
hole (if driven properly). We both have pretty extensive modifications (I
have RM racing intake, DRM mass-air, fatter plug wires, Corsa Exhaust, timing
tricker) and he's got a Greddy exhaust, Profec boost controller, Alamo
down-pipe, Alamo/Bell Engineering intercoolers). He can only run 12.5 psi
boost (until he upgrades his fuel management) because of OBDII. My C5 puts
330hp to the ground and his a little more. He can jump me outta the hole by
about two car lengths. Unfortunately for him, he runs outta steam at about 80
mph (with his current boost levels) and I catch him and pass him...beating
him by about 1-2 car lengths. When his car was stock (and mine also), he
could still get ahead about 1 car length, but I would pass him at about 50
mph and at the end of the quarter, I was about 3-4 lengths ahead. I did race
him once in my dakota R/T (which runs 15.0's). He was ahead of me at the stop
light. When the light turned green, he launched and I "tried" to keep
up...needless to say, he beat the TAR outta me (by roughly 15 car lengths) to
about 100 mph.

James Crone
Performance Engineering
940-321-5865