Goofy Electrical Questions

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 08:38:28 EDT

Hello Everybody! A couple of really stupid questions...

1.a.) I want to hardwire a couple of things like my Streamlight charger and
CB... The Streamlight came with a cigarette lighter adapter and the guy that
sold it to me said all I need to do is cut the wires and run one to a power
source and the other to ground... This sounds right to me but I thought I'd
check first.

1.b.) Assuming I just cut these wires, what's the best way to get to that
auxiliary fuse box and how do I attach the wire??? I don't have small hands and
it looks almost impossible to reach up under there and get to it. Is there some
trick to it?

1.c.) Imagine if you will the lower plastic covers. Just below or to the right
of the steering column... Anybody know what's behind these??? This is where I
plan to mount the Streamlight charger and I need to use screws to attach it on
account of the weight of the light. What I'm concerned about is wires or
something else behind there that the screws will damage. I couldn't reach up
there to feel around either.

Thanks for any input!

Tom